Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: 10 more days
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:20 pm 

QMGS had an open morning yesterday and my son was very proud to be a guide. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 pm 

Ricky74 wrote:

Well done to your son Ricky74. I know when we went for our tour, I was very impressed with the polite, young gentlemen at this school!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:38 am 

quasimodo wrote:
I think the results from WGHS ( for the Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin Consortium) will be out earlier than the 16th October 2017.This is not based on any inside knowledge but I see on the schools website they are holding an open evening by invite only for those children and parents who have scores which give them an opportunity of a place at the school.The invite is being sent with the score letters.The open evening is on Monday the 16th October between 1800 and 2030 hours.In those circumstances parents will have the letters with the invite earlier than the 16th in my view.I think this is reasonable speculation as the school would want to maximise the numbers attending.

My first post here I confess I have been a lurker but oh so grateful to you all since I have found you!! Which to be honest I needed to have done before and not just during 'the wait'. Yo all seem such a great buch and really supportive of each other so again thanks from me someone who has found solace from your friendships and support for each other.
DD sat the WGHS exam and the wait has been awful. We are of to TT today for that exam but we are not usually lottery winners but live by the theory 'you gotta be in it to win it'. Anyway guess the question is in view of quasimodos findings when do we all think the results will be posted?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:50 am 

femalemidlander wrote:
My first post here I confess I have been a lurker but oh so grateful to you all since I have found you!! Which to be honest I needed to have done before and not just during 'the wait'. Yo all seem such a great buch and really supportive of each other so again thanks from me someone who has found solace from your friendships and support for each other.
DD sat the WGHS exam and the wait has been awful. We are of to TT today for that exam but we are not usually lottery winners but live by the theory 'you gotta be in it to win it'. Anyway guess the question is in view of quasimodos findings when do we all think the results will be posted?

Hi and welcome, I'm fairly new too and, like you, lurked for a while before I plucked up the courage to post! I have found this forum to be an invaluable source of information and support, and it's nice to know we're all in the same boat, frantically paddling along :D
Good luck to your DD, let us know how things go!
I'm hoping that we get the Walsall results sooner rather than later, but that's only because I've already bitten my nails as far down as I can, goodness knows what I'll start on next... :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:15 pm 

She came out the TT exam happy...might have something to do with the promised visit to the golden arches as she wasn't too chuffed her Sunday would be spent sitting another exam :roll: She said it was easy but really wanted to look at the swimming pool and that isn't allowed unless you are that golden ticket holder so she was a tad disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:22 pm 

Hi everyone, I'm a first timer on here so please forgive any mistakes! Dd1 has just taken the Birmingham test and I was under the impression (from other parents who have been through this before) that we would receive her results by email next Friday. From what I've read on here it seems that results will come through the post - can anyone please clarify for me? Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:09 pm 

Results are sent by post and I haven't seen anything to suggest that will change this year.
These are simply scores and not an offer of a school place.
They help you decide which schools to apply for.

If you apply online to your LA for a school place then you usually receive an email on 1st March (or often the evening beforehand if you are in Solihull).
Birmingham e-admissions updates too, to show your offer.
This is then followed by a formal letter on 2 March. If you apply by paper form to your LA you wait for the offer by post as an email won't normally be sent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:15 am 

A_Mum wrote:
Ricky74 wrote:

Well done to your son Ricky74. I know when we went for our tour, I was very impressed with the polite, young gentlemen at this school!

Hope your son liked it and good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 am 

um wrote:
Results are sent by post and I haven't seen anything to suggest that will change this year.
These are simply scores and not an offer of a school place.
They help you decide which schools to apply for.

If you apply online to your LA for a school place then you usually receive an email on 1st March (or often the evening beforehand if you are in Solihull).
Birmingham e-admissions updates too, to show your offer.
This is then followed by a formal letter on 2 March. If you apply by paper form to your LA you wait for the offer by post as an email won't normally be sent.

Thanks Um, I'm aware of the actual admissions process it was just the exam results I needed some advice on. Looks like I'll have to wait for the postman then :|

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:57 am 

I was hoping to discover what the cut off mark would be for the pupil premium children below which a child would not be eligible to apply for a place at both QMGS and QMHS in Walsall.
There is no information on the respective school websites as of yet.It may be put on the websites this week or put in the letters to parents.
I notice QMHS have revamped their website somewhat and it looks a lot better and I went to look at their exam results.It was disappointing to note they have still only put summaries of their GCSE and A level results including up to 2017 and endeavoured to highlight the best parts.I always feel the actual tables of results if appropriate after any remarks allows parents the fullest information and allows them to make their own judgements.

Abraham Lincoln

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next