11 Plus Exams Forum
http://www2.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/

Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers
http://www2.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9313
Page 10 of 13

Author:  Tinkers [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Have a look here as well
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53668

Author:  BeOptimistic [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Tinkers wrote:
Have a look here as well
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53668


Thanks tinkers for reply,
I already read this s thread and found out that one from Wokingham has a place in Upton court which is about 25 miles...
We are based in Harpenden 36 miles ...we were considering to move near Slough if...

For QE finger crossed, last year the waiting list reached position 79 but I think that happened because they added extr 12 places in August...this year the competition is really tough

Any advices for appeals in my case?

Author:  Tinkers [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Start here
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals

And the appeals section of the forum.

I strongly suspect successful appeals for QE are very few and far between but you are best asking in the Herts forum rather than Berkshire.

(Wokingham is a large place area wise, so bear that in mind. )

Author:  BeOptimistic [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Tinkers wrote:
Start here
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals

And the appeals section of the forum.

I strongly suspect successful appeals for QE are very few and far between but you are best asking in the Herts forum rather than Berkshire.

(Wokingham is a large place area wise, so bear that in mind. )



Actually I'm asking for Slogh appeals...my question is can I do an appeal so my son can be added to the waiting list despite the fact we didn't put any Slough grammar school in the CAF.

Thanks for the link,I will definitely have a deep look

Author:  Tinkers [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

You can’t appeal for a school until you have applied and been turned down, so your first step will be to make a late application. You will be added to the waiting list and they will tell you your position on that list.

You can be on the waiting list and also put in an appeal. However I don’t know how successful an appeal will be as I’ve not heard of a successful Slough appeal in the time I’ve been on the forum. That doesn’t mean there hasn’t been. However if it’s anything like Kendrick and Reading School it will be highly unlikely you would succeed. You’ll need to be realistic. Especially since you live quite a distance away and didn’t initially put any Slough schools on your list.

You should be able to ask the Slough consortium questions about how much the waiting list has moved in previous years, how much appeals have been heard and how many have been successful. They may be helpful and give you the info, or you may have to put in a FOI request. (Can I request that if you get any useful info you let me know for future reference?)

Author:  mad? [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

BeOptimistic wrote:
I already read this s thread and found out that one from Wokingham has a place in Upton court which is about 25 miles...

No Wokingham is 'only' 16 miles centre to centre from Slough.
BeOptimistic wrote:
Actually I'm asking for Slogh appeals...my question is can I do an appeal so my son can be added to the waiting list despite the fact we didn't put any Slough grammar school in the CAF.

Check the appeals link Tinkers has already provided you with. However, as I understand it, you can only appeal to a school that has rejected you, ie one that you applied to.

Cross posted with Tinkers

Author:  scary mum [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Do you know Slough? Is it somewhere you want to live compared to Harpenden. Please don't be sucked in by the "grammar school or nothing" school of thought. They get good results because they pick brighter children. I'm sure you have some good schools locally, where your child could stay with his friends & you don't have to start over again in another (very different) community. Also, what about siblings?

Author:  BeOptimistic [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Thanks everyone for your reply and time.
yes I will check the appeal link and also try to contact Slough admission...I will definitely let you know

My husband and I work middle between Barnet and Slough that's why we choose these two schools and we planned to move near not necessarily Slough...we have only one son
Thanks everyone, I will let you know if any progress

Author:  loobylou [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

But Harpenden is so nice and the schools have great reputations. I know people moving from Barnet to Harpenden, having to downsize as property is expensive, purely because of the schools!

Author:  BeOptimistic [ Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Tinkers wrote:
You can’t appeal for a school until you have applied and been turned down, so your first step will be to make a late application. You will be added to the waiting list and they will tell you your position on that list.

You can be on the waiting list and also put in an appeal. However I don’t know how successful an appeal will be as I’ve not heard of a successful Slough appeal in the time I’ve been on the forum. That doesn’t mean there hasn’t been. However if it’s anything like Kendrick and Reading School it will be highly unlikely you would succeed. You’ll need to be realistic. Especially since you live quite a distance away and didn’t initially put any Slough schools on your list.

You should be able to ask the Slough consortium questions about how much the waiting list has moved in previous years, how much appeals have been heard and how many have been successful. They may be helpful and give you the info, or you may have to put in a FOI request. (Can I request that if you get any useful info you let me know for future reference?)



Sorry Tinkers but what do you mean by late application ?

I know Harpenden is really good place but My husband and I are very academic and having our son in a grammar school is really important especially for my husband

Page 10 of 13 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/